Selling Safely Online
Welcome to Global Autosports. It is our goal to assist you in shopping for or buying exotic and luxury cars safely and easily. We have enclosed a few tips to help you stay happy and safe.
- If a deal sounds too good to be true it most likely is. Be sure to trust your instincts. That's what you have them for.
- If communications with a buyer or makes you feel uncomfortable or suspicious cease contact with that individual.
- Please don't hesitate to report and strange or suspicious activity to us.
- Never under any condition wire money to a buyer or seller.
- Never under any condition accept a check for higher than the retail value of your vehicle.
- Do your homework on an individual or company to ensure that they are legitimate. Would you buy a car you knew nothing about?
- Be extra cautious when dealing with buyers or sellers that are not located within the United States.
- If you have been targeted by online fraud, you may bring it to the attention of local and federal law enforcement agencies by filing a complaint with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center ( www.ic3.gov)
- Be sure to resist pressure from buyers to act immediately. An offer that is good today should be good a few days down the road.
- If you accept a check for payment, insist on one drawn on a local bank or a bank within a local branch.
- Be sure before you sell your car that you confirm the buyers Name, telephone number, and street address.
- Consider alternate forms of payment such as escrow or other online payment services. These third party companies hold funds until the transaction is complete in order to ensure seller safety.